The Picking Winners™ Interview Training
Picking WinnersTM was designed by Alan Davis & Associates Inc. in 1993 as a direct result of a survey of Human Resources and Recruitment Managers, asking them what services they needed but weren’t getting. The overwhelming answer was Recruitment and Selection Training for hiring managers.
The course designers have a combined experience of over fifty years in Recruitment, Selection and Training which include both the private and public sectors, and both union and non-union environments. The techniques you will learn on this course are both effective and legally defendable, regardless of whether you are recruiting external candidates, or holding an internal competition.
This seminar will enable you to:
- Build an effective predictive interview in less than one hour.
- Pick the candidate who best fits the position – regardless of the type of position.
- Be confident in your questioning.
- Avoid challenge and litigation.
- Justify a hiring decision (whether it’s an internal transfer or an external hire).
- Avoid costly mis-hires.
- Be fair to all candidates.
- Recruit and select without personal bias.
The seminar will give you a thorough understanding of the complete selection cycle, from writing job specifications, preparing and conducting interviews, to selecting and presenting the job offer.
You will be given both theory and practice in using the simple, yet powerful Picking WinnersTM tools.
You will be able to use these tools immediately back on the job to increase your effectiveness in selecting the best employees for your organization.
Remember – hiring is expensive – firing is exorbitant. It pays to get it right the first time.